GAIN THE EDGE, LEARN FRENCH!
Your Alliance française is now offering classes 100% online ! 📲💻.The schedule remains unchanged for all our current classes but are now held at the comfort of your home 🏡
Group classes for adults
The courses we teach are interactive and dynamic. Our team of native French teachers will provide you with all the knowledge and tools to efficiently communicate in French over time. Based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Cadre Européen Commun de Référence pour les Langues: CECRL) our classes cover all levels of French learning, from the very basic beginner (level A1) to the advanced (B2). Each level is divided into sublevels consisting of 24-hour sessions. e.g.: A1 – Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4.
Online group classes are taught twice a week over a course of six weeks from 6pm to 8pm. Different group classes are offered at the Alliance Française for the next session starting on September 14th, 2020.
- BEGINNERS and ADVANCED BEGINNERS | A1 to A2
This course uses a comprehensive approach to teach adult students the basic skills to communicate with ease in a French speaking environment. The course gradually introduces students, within a natural context, to the structure and vocabulary of the spoken and written language used in the French speaking world. Dialogues recorded by native speakers as well as a great variety of documents provide an authentic French background to draw from, study and practice.
Available courses starting on September 14th :
● Beginners – Level A1 – Sub-level 2 || Mondays & Wednesdays || 6pm to 8pm
● Beginners – Level A1 – Sub-level 3 || Mondays & Wednesdays || 6pm to 8pm
● Intermediate Level A2 – Sub-level 2 || Tuesdays & Thursdays || 6pm to 8pm
● Intermediate Level A2 – Sub-level 4 || Tuesdays & Thursdays || 6pm to 8pm
● Intermediate + Level B1 – Sub-Level 3 || Mondays & Wednesdays || 6pm to 8pm
- INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED | B1 to B2
This course is for people who have acquired a basic knowledge of French. It is a sequel to our beginner courses. Using a dynamic approach, intermediate French uses role-playing and other teaching stimuli for the complex interchanges encountered in various French speaking social environments.
Available courses starting on September 14th :
● Level B1 Intermediate – Sublevel 2 || Mondays & Wednesdays || 6pm to 8pm
**More advanced levels (B2 and +) are offered on a small group // individual class
Group classes prices:
● Session costs $360 BDS.
● The book “Entre Nous” which is used in class but also allows you to work independently at home costs $90 BDS.
● If it is your first-time taking classes with us there is a one-time registration fee of 25$ BDS.
Private classes (Kids / teens / adults)
Our private lessons are the perfect way to truly maximize your French learning. The hour-long one-on-one classes with one of our native French speaking teachers are completely tailored to fit your needs. Whether you want to learn French for professional reasons, practice and improve your conversational skills, prepare for a French certification exam such as the DELF or simply just for fun, our classes will provide you with everything you need to succeed! Private classes can either be held in our office in the Alister Mcintyre Building at the UWI Cave Hill campus or in the comfort of your own home. It’s completely up to you: you choose the time, the day, the location and what you want to learn!
Prices for online classes
Single class >> $65 BDS / hour
class package >> $600 BDS for 10 hours (= $60 BDS / hour)
FRENCH CLASSES FOR TEENAGERS
You want to improve your French skills for the exams? You can now register for our special online intensive programme! Get 10 hours of training for only $150 BDS. Classes start on 29/06 and are held Monday to Friday from 4pm to 5pm via Zoom.
*+ $25 bds for new students/members of the Alliance française de Bridgetown
What class should I take?
You don’t know which class you should take? Don’t worry! Simply complete our free placement test
- Click ‘proceed to the first step’ found at the bottom right-handed corner of the page
- Read the level descriptions and choose the level that corresponds to your current abilities.
- Proceed to the test.
- Upon completion of the test, fill out your personal information.
- Choose ‘Barbados’ as your state of choice and ‘Alliance Française de la Barbade’ as your Alliance Française of choice.
Once you’ve clicked submit, your placement test will automatically be forwarded to us. After grading the test, we will contact you to discuss which class suits you best.
Registration & payment:
To register, simply complete our online register form.
Once the form is completed, we will send you an email with our “general terms and conditions” and an invoice to proceed completion of tuitions via cheque or wire transfer. For more information, please contact us at: 2333234 / email@example.com